As the Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) situation continues to evolve, we wanted to give you a brief update on some of the steps that we have taken to ensure that we are able to continue to provide you with the customer service that you have come to expect. Dupree & Company, Inc. (“Dupree”) is fully prepared and is committed to protecting the health and welfare of our employees, while at the same time ensuring that shareholders of Dupree Mutual Funds maintain timely access to their investments.
Please be advised that as part of our response to COVID-19, Dupree has, among other things, taken the following actions:
- Pursuant to guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”), all employees have been instructed to stay at home if they feel sick or suspect they are infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We have undertaken increased health measures in our office such as cleaning all “high-touch” surfaces every day including counters, tabletops, handrails, desks, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, and keyboards. Similarly, we have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes around the office for regular use by employees and customers.
- Pursuant to CDC guidance, employees have been instructed to regularly wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Pursuant to CDC guidance, we have reduced our staffing to ensure that proper social distancing protocols are followed.
- We have stopped handshaking and will utilize other noncontact methods of greeting.
- We will utilize videoconferencing for meetings when possible, and employees have been instructed to avoid any large meetings or gatherings.
- We have a Business Continuity Plan (“BCP”) which is tested on an annual basis. Our BCP outlines the steps that we will take in the event of a significant business disruption, including pandemic situations. Among other things, the BCP allows our employees to work from a remote location.
- We have taken additional steps to protect our information technology systems from the increased risk of cyber events (e.g., systems being compromised through phishing attacks).
- We will continue to monitor and follow guidance issued by the CDC, World Health Organization (“WHO”), and federal, state, and local regulatory bodies and officials.
- We have limited in-person customer transactions in our office to protect our employees and our customers. If you need to visit our office, please call us ahead of time to make an appointment, and we will be happy to assist you.
We want to assure all of our customers that our office is fully functional and open for business as usual. Our staff is here to answer any questions that you may have or to provide you with any assistance that you may require during this difficult time. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 859-254-7741 or 800-866-0614.